The Climate Care Certification Program is an initiative of the Swimming Pool & Spa Association of Australia Ltd (SPASA). It is the industry’s efficiency and sustainability certification program available to homeowners.
A Climate Care Certified product, system or installation is one that creates a new benchmark for swimming pools and spas that utilises:
1. Water Efficiency/Sustainability
2. Energy Efficiency
3. Environmentally Sustainable Designs
4. Efficiency/Sustainability Innovations
5. Noise Reduction Measures
The concept of CCC arose from member and consumer concerns that it was not possible to rely on various sustainability claims being made across industry-related marketing material without some form of certification.
Sustainable swimming pools and spas, installations and related products enjoy a distinct advantage.
Governments want it – With greater power demand and increasing cost of supply, along with concerns of water sustainability, Governments and their agencies influence or regulate more sustainable water and energy usage. The Climate Care Certified program puts the industry in front of government intervention, potentially resulting in collaboration, initiatives and recognition.
Consumers want it - Consumers, now more than ever, are seeking assurance that the products they buy are sustainable and responsibly made. A more sustainable brand is often a more desirable brand.
Manufacturers, retailers and technicians want it - Many retailers and technicians know that “sustainability” sells. Builders, retailers and technicians are now gaining a better understanding of who their customers are insofar as the environment and costs associated with their pool and/or spa.
Sustainability fuels innovation – Sustainability is a recent phenomenon and has allowed many industries to reinvent themselves and their products with new consumer benefits.
Sustainability helps new markets - New products make companies and consumers feel socially and morally responsible.
SPASA’s vision is to promote an efficient and sustainable growing industry that continues to appeal to people who are considering purchasing swimming pool and spa products (residential and commercial).
Business: Having your products, systems and installations Climate Care Certified enhances your ability to:
• Ability to highlight your product/system/installation’s environmentally sustainable qualities;
• Showcase your commitment to preserving the environment and to industry best practices;
• Allows you to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace by joining a network of environmentally conscious providers listed as Climate Care Certified on SPASA's website;
• Increases sales and productivity by having your industry innovations: recognised, endorsed, validated and approved as Climate Care Certified;
• Improves your social reputation and credibility with consumers, colleagues and industry partners, and;
• Publicly demonstrate your investment in the industry’s sustainable future and inspire others to do the same
Consumer: A Climate Care Certified swimming pool or spa provides the following benefits:
• Differentiates between efficient and sustainable pools, spas and equipment
• Verifiable and certified water and energy savings by the peak industry body
• Comfort that pools, spas and associated equipment are responsibly made
• Confidence knowing that you are choosing a certified environmentally sustainable solution
• Recognition of your commitment to owning an environmentally sustainable swimming pool or spa
• Reduce your carbon footprint whilst saving money
• Loving your pool or spa and the environment at the same time
Homeowners currently have many alternatives available to them when considering a swimming pool or spa and their associated equipment.
Through the Climate Care Certified program, homeowners are supported and empowered to reduce water and energy consumption by making a positive decision to own an environmentally sustainable swimming pool and/or spa....while saving money at the same time.
Applications to be Climate Care Certified follow a process that utilises independent third-party sources to remove all conflicts of interest. Applications are assessed and granted by an appointed panel.
The panel is made up of individuals who are held in high regard and recognised as experts in their field. The panel’s role is to verify the claims made against third-party verification evidence provided. Applications for Products and Systems should address the below criteria:
Description: A description of the product, system or installation/retrofit/ construction, specifications, purpose and use of the product.
Demonstrated savings: Applicants must ensure that claims relating to products, systems, installations and treatments can be substantiated through testing and/or verification undertaken by relevant third-party providers when used with the supplied instructions, manuals or guidelines.
Compliance: Products, Systems and Installations should be designed to meet market and consumer needs while complying with all relevant regulations, legislation, standards, licences and codes. Applicants should provide supporting evidence or references (where possible) of how the product, system or installation meets compliance.
Environmentally sustainable: Products, Systems and Installations should be designed to minimise the use of materials and other resources without compromising product quality and safety. Applicants should highlight how the product, system or installation is able to minimise adverse impacts on the environment
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?
The SPASA website is full of information surrounding Climate Care Certification and other important industry topics. To access the SPASA website, CLICK HERE. If you would like to view the CCC application form, CLICK HERE.
Our research and development team is always working to deliver the latest and greatest pool products with the environment, energy use and costs in mind. To date, the following Zodiac products have received Climate Care Certification:
To connect with a Zodiac retailer near you to find out more, try our Dealer Locator.